ATS Help Center’s FAQ section presents the most common questions our users have about ATS Spec. For video tutorials and articles, go back to Tutorials.
How is ATS free to the designer? Who pays for ATS’ services?
ATS’ services are free to engineers, architects and interior designers through the support of leading manufacturers including Watts Water Technologies, A.O. Smith, Sloan and others. For a complete list of our sponsors, please see our sponsors summary page.
What do you need from us to get started?
To get started, simply create a free account here. Please check your inbox for our validation email. This will allow you to set your password to start building specifications with ATS Spec Solutions!
From here, simply:
- Log onto solutions.atsspec.net: All of ATS’ tools and services are free-to-use for the design community.
- Enter project information: ATS automatically determines code compliant and compatible product combinations, based on project requirements and geographic location.
- Select room and build your specification: ATS continues to expand its service offerings, to include new product categories. This allows for greater flexibility and a wider selection of equipment.
- Save, download, and print: 10+ different formats to choose from. No additional text editing is required!
- How do I log in/sign up?
How do I download the software?
There is no software! ATS Spec Solutions is an online specification information system. All you need is an internet connection (and of course to sign up for a free account). We continuously strive to keep our website well maintained and updated to best serve our users. For best performance, ATS recommends that the ATS Spec Solutions be accessed through the latest versions of:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer (at least version 9 & up)
To update your current web browser, please contact your company’s system administrator.
What browsers do you support?
For best performance, ATS recommends that the ATS Spec Solutions be accessed through the latest versions of:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer (at least version 9 & up)
How do I check what my browser version is?
- Google Chrome: Open Chrome. Click Customize and control Google Chrome (the wrench icon) and then select About Google Chrome. The browser version will be displayed in the information screen.
- Safari: Open Safari. From the browser menu, click Safari, then select About Safari from the dropdown menu. A window will appear displaying the browser’s version as the first number outside of the brackets.
- Mozilla Firefox: Open Firefox. From the menu bar, click Help and then select About Mozilla Firefox. The browser version will be displayed in the information screen.
- Internet Explorer: Open Internet Explorer. From the menu bar, click Help and then select About Internet Explorer. The browser version will be displayed in the information screen.
How do I access brands that do not sponsors ATS’ systems?
Unfortunately, brands that do not support or sponsor ATS will not be accessible through our platforms. ATS recommends that designers specify a product that is similar or equal in the interim, and include what they would like to change it to in the notes area of the specification. Please note that none of our print formats are “locked.” Specifiers have the freedom to update their packages with their desired brands however they like.
ATS strives to offer specification systems that save designers time. If you have a brand in mind that you would like ATS to consider, please email us to let us know.
When will you have more divisions (of the spec) available?
ATS offers a range of products that are specified in division 8, 10, 22. We strive to offer specification systems that save designers time. If you have a brand in mind that you would like ATS to consider, please email us to let us know.
How can I get the most up-to-date version of the system?
ATS Spec Solutions is always available to our users in its latest version.
What categories does ATS have?
ATS Spec Solutions offers a wide range of building categories, including:
- Health Care Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Recreational Facilities
If there is a different application you are working on, we can still help. Simply email your project details using our Email Spec Service.
How does the ATS Spec system share documents between Architects and Engineers
ATS Spec Solutions offers 10+ download formats for your project. For example, Architects and Building Owners can download Product Brochures, and Engineers can download CSI Master Sheets and Schedules. All users are able to download the project in various formats, meaning an Engineer can also download a Product Brochure to provide to an Architect. The following download formats are available for all projects:
- Cut Sheets (PDF)
- Product Brochures (PDF)
- Long Spec (PDF, Word)
- Cut Sheets with Long Spec (PDF)
- Short Spec (PDF, Word)
- Cut Sheets with Short Spec (PDF)
- CSI Master Format (Word)
- Schedules (Excel)
- Plumbing Fixture Schedule with Long Spec (Excel)
- Cut Sheets with CSI (other)
- Revit Families (Revit)
Will you make revisions on specifications?
Yes, please email ATS to request revisions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have a project created on our system, please provide your project name and the specific revisions you would like to make.
Are you able to provide specs based on Revit model?
For more information, please send your request to ATS at email@example.com.
How liable is ATS with their specs?
ATS provides product selections and schedules as a service at no cost. By accepting and utilizing the documents and information provided by ATS, the user assumes responsibility for review and approval of the content as used in a construction or design project.
The materials and information generated by ATS Spec Solutions is provided to the user on an “as is” basis and use is entirely at the user’s own risk. Specifications could contain material or information that is not accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. The user assumes all risk for any reliance placed on ATS Spec Solutions and the information contained therein. Allied Technical Solutions. (“ATS”) shall not be responsible or liable for any damages of any nature whatsoever that may result from the user’s use of, or inability to use, the information generated by ATS Spec Solutions. ATS is not responsible for any liability, of whatsoever nature, directly or indirectly, resulting from the use, misuse or misinterpretation of any content or service provided by ATS Spec Solutions.
ATS makes no covenants, warranties, representations, or guarantees, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty for information, content, services, or goods associated and/or contained by ATS Spec Solutions. ATS denies and disclaims all such warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, expectation of privacy and non-infringement as to the information, materials, content, services and products on ATS Spec Solutions. ATS makes no representations, warranties, covenants or guarantees as to the quality, currency, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any of the contents on ATS Spec Solutions, or any goods or services that may be associated with ATS Spec Solutions.